Mondays 6:00-6:50/7pm* (ET) All Abilities
This free trial class must be used by 5/20/24.
No Classes on 2/19, 4/15, 4/22
*In this class we go with the flow and end between 6:50 and 7pm. 7pm is the "hard stop" time.
Classes taught by Mara Smith MS, ATC, CSCS
This is a nice end of the day gentle stretching class geared toward knitters, crocheters, quilters, spinners, crafters and/or anyone who wants to increase their flexibility and feel great.
This 50 minute full body stretching class will leave our bodies feeling relaxed, rejuvenated, and ready to make some serious progress on our projects. Classes will begin with a gentle, dynamic warm-up. Then we will perform a simple “yoga-like” flow which will challenge our minds, rejuvenate our bodies, and get oxygen flowing to our limbs. We will continue with more gentle full body stretches and end with a short relaxation/ meditation. Throughout the class we will incorporate several wrist, finger and upperbody stretches that crafters can use on their own to help prevent injuries. This fun and laid back class takes all fitness levels into consideration and will involve a considerable amount of body movement which participants can perform in their comfort zones. Students will need approximately 4x6 sq ft of clear space (slightly wider than a yoga mat) to participate fully and safely. Please wear something that you can move around in. No equipment is necessary; however, a yoga mat is recommended if you have a hard floor. Class will be led by Mara Smith, award winning fiber artist, certified athletic trainer and certified strength and conditioning specialist.
Zoom link to registration can be found in the document to download after purchase.
Stretches for Stitchers, Single Class Option
By purchasing this product, the buyer acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that in consideration of participating in any strength and conditioning and/or fitness-related activities with Fitness By Mara or any other program sponsored by Fitness By Mara, and its affiliates:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in athletics and fitness is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the releasees or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I recognize that an examination by a physician should be obtained by all participants prior to involvement in any exercise program. If I have chosen not to obtain a physician's permission prior to beginning this exercise program with Fitness By Mara, I hereby agree that I am doing so at my own risk; and,
4. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
5. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless Fitness By Mara and its affiliates, its officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners or property, whether arising from the negligence of the releases or otherwise; and,
6. I acknowledge and agree that no warranties or representations have been made to me or my child regarding the results I will achieve from this program. I understand that results are individual and may vary.
7. I hereby give consent to Fitness By Mara to photograph, videotape, or otherwise digitally record and use images and/or sound recordings of myself or my child or children (if applicable) to use in on social media, website or print or in any of the organization’s publications, productions, or posts. I understand that the intended use of such images and information is solely for the purpose of advertising, marketing, fundraising and/or the promotional and public awareness purposes for the organization. I hereby waive any rights or interest in the images or recordings, as contemplated in this release.