Registration Opens Friday, 8/25/23 at 7am.
Off Ice Fitness!
September 6, 2023- November 15, 2023
11 Wednesdays in full class pack.
Weds 5:20p - 6:10p Intermediate - Advanced Strength and Conditioning. - *Test In Only! *Details below. Skaters should be working on and/or landing axels and double jumps (on ice) and have previous off-ice experience. This class is perfect for motivated athletes who practice at home and consistently challenge themselves to achieve athletic excellence. 10 skaters max
Weds 6:10p - 7:00p Aspire and Intermediate Strength and Conditioning. Ages 8-13 Skaters are working on single jumps. The athletes in this class are working toward the advanced level. They may already meet some or all of the advanced class requirements but aren’t quite ready for the double rotation work. They have some off ice experience and are looking to improve their athleticism and skills. 8 skaters max
*To test into the 5:20p class, athletes must be able to complete 5 out of 6 fitness tests below prior signing up for class.
1 Minute Side Plank Right
1 Minute Side Plank Left
25 Bent Knee V-ups in 30 Seconds
10 Push Ups with proper form
10 Body Weight Squats with proper form
3 Second Hold. Seated Straight Leg Sit and Reach with ability to touch both ankles.
Class rates are prorated and listed as such as the season progresses.
Class rate with a class pack = $18/class.
Class rate as a walk-in (pending space) $20/class
5 Stadium Drive,
Nashua, NH 03062
Instructor Mara Smith MS ATC CSCS
Conway Fall Wednesday Skater Fitness
These in person fitness classes are specifically geared toward figure skaters who are serious about improving their athletic performance.
Classes will include:
- Brief warm ups
- Endurance training
- Interval Training
- Full body strength circuits with a concentration on core stability
- Posture and sport specific exercises
- Off - ice jumping
Exercises are tailored appropriately for age, ability, and sport. A small class size will allow the instructor to ensure exercises are performed properly with correct form. We will also add sport specific elements into each work out and educate participants about how non-specific exercises will directly and indirectly improve athletic performance. Classes will conclude with guided stretching to help improve flexibility and targeted to decrease post workout muscle soreness.
The goals of these classes are not only to improve strength and overall athleticism but also to instill a love of fitness training and knowledge of exercises that participants will feel comfortable using throughout life.
By purchasing this product, the buyer acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that in consideration of participating in any strength and conditioning and/or fitness-related activities with Fitness By Mara or any other program sponsored by Fitness By Mara, and its affiliates:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in athletics and fitness is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the releasees or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I recognize that an examination by a physician should be obtained by all participants prior to involvement in any exercise program. If I have chosen not to obtain a physician's permission prior to beginning this exercise program with Fitness By Mara, I hereby agree that I am doing so at my own risk; and,
4. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
5. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless Fitness By Mara and its affiliates, its officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners or property, whether arising from the negligence of the releases or otherwise; and,
6. I acknowledge and agree that no warranties or representations have been made to me or my child regarding the results I will achieve from this program. I understand that results are individual and may vary.
7. I hereby give consent to Fitness By Mara to photograph, videotape, or otherwise digitally record and use images and/or sound recordings of myself or my child or children (if applicable) to use in on social media, website or print or in any of the organization’s publications, productions, or posts. I understand that the intended use of such images and information is solely for the purpose of advertising, marketing, fundraising and/or the promotional and public awareness purposes for the organization. I hereby waive any rights or interest in the images or recordings, as contemplated in this release.